What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a short-term therapy technique used by counsellors and therapists to teach individuals to change their unwanted behaviours by changing their thought patterns.
The premise of cognitive behavioural therapy is that our thought patterns (cognition) and interpretations of life events greatly influence how we behave and, ultimately, how we feel.
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of psychotherapy that focuses on how your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes affect your feelings and behaviour.
Self-help CBT aims to teach you how to use effective coping strategies for dealing with different problems throughout life.
CBT can help you make sense of overwhelming problems by breaking them down into smaller parts.
One of the key tenets of CBT is that distorted thinking leads to distress and problematic behaviours, whereas thinking realistically with less negativity allows individuals to respond to challenging life circumstances in an effective way.
Research shows this technique is an effective therapy for not only depression and panic disorder, but many illnesses and dysfunctional behaviors.
This course will empower you to:-
- Learn how to control and use your thoughts and emotions in any circumstance, and use them to your advantage,
- Overcome personal and/or professional challenges, with a positive outcome,
- Help in you gain motivation and/or purpose,
- Adopting a series of key principles in a variety of life areas which can lead to high levels of well-being and satisfaction,
- Help you create a sense of connection and meaning in your life, resulting in an inspired life,
- and so much more….
All lesson modules have films, information sheets, and/or task sheets to help you with the practices.
All course content is designed for you to learn at your own pace and will no time limit. However, there is email help and support is also available if you need it. Sarah Swindlehurst/Mulliner is qualified in all these areas and techniques and will help you with any if required.